Spectra Helpline provides confidential crisis and suicide intervention, and emotional support for anyone who needs a caring, compassionate and non-judgmental listening ear. No problem is too big or too small to discuss. Our English Helplines are open 24 hours of the day, 7 days of the week, and 365 days of the year. We’re here to listen whenever needed.
Call us today. No problem is too big or too small.
Our services are confidential, easy to access, non-judgemental and are totally free. Many people don't feel comfortable sharing sensitive, confidential issues with family and friends. At times, they prefer to work through their options with an impartial listener. Some have nowhere else to turn and sometimes all that is needed is information about community resources. Please remember that your well-being is important to us.
With Spectra Helpline you’re never alone.
Spectra Helpline aims to:
• Minimize potential harm to all parties involved, through crisis assessment and intervention techniques
• Encourage discussion on the level of feelings and from a position of strength, using active listening
• Give emotional 'first aid’ to the caller
• Reduce isolation where the extended family support network has broken down
• Empower the caller to cope with specific aspects of their life
• Make the appropriate community referrals
• Let the caller know that there are people who care and want to listen to what they have to say